Reducing waste. Raising awareness. Building community.
This is an entry level position in which the primary task is to provide friendly, exceptional service to Squamish ReBuild (SR) customers and suppliers (those donating material). You mostly work on your own and during your shift are responsible for making decisions regarding all aspects of accepting, pricing and organizing donated building supplies in accordance with SR policies. In conjunction with the Executive Director and other SR staff, you help to create a fun, welcoming atmosphere and ensure that products are fairly priced, of good quality and well displayed. You are a proud ambassador for SR and support our vision to “fundamentally change the way people think about waste”.
1-2 days/week (Sundays and some Saturdays); training rate is $12/hour; regular rate is $15/hour
Start Date Immediately
- provide excellent, personable customer service; ring through sales
- make quick, sound decisions regarding acceptance of incoming donations
- unload, weigh, clean, and organize product to maximize customer appeal
- research and determine product pricing via internet as per SR pricing policies
- maintain clean and tidy retail and storage areas
- provide volunteers with task direction and support
- administer Zero Waste Stations rentals
- strong, healthy back with the ability to safely lift and move heavy material
- passion for the concepts of community, reducing, reusing and upcycling
- exceptional customer service delivery
- excellent organizational and decision-making skills; good common sense
- cash handling experience
- strong work ethic, ability to work independently
- proficiency in internet use, social media; basic knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs
- basic knowledge of construction and building materials is ideal
- willingness to learn is essential
Send cover letter, references and resume to Executive Director Kari-Lynn Kenny at kari-lyn[email protected]. No phone calls please. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Thank you for your interest!