Reducing waste. Raising awareness. Building community.
SERVICE SPECIALIST – PART TIME (3 days/wk)
Job Summary: An entry level position in which the primary task is to provide friendly, exceptional service to Squamish ReBuild (SR) customers and suppliers (those donating material). Mostly working on your own, your shift responsibilities include making decisions on all aspects of accepting, pricing and organizing donated building supplies in accordance with SR policies. In conjunction with Management and other SR team members, you help to create a fun, welcoming atmosphere and ensure that products are fairly priced, of good quality and well displayed. You are a proud ambassador for SR and support our vision to “fundamentally change the way people think about waste”.
Job Details: 3 days/week (specific days tbd); $16/hr starting wage
Start Date: Immediately
- Provide excellent, personable customer service and ring through sales
- Make quick, sound decisions regarding acceptance of incoming donations
- Unload, weigh, clean and organize the product to maximize customer appeal
- Research and determine product pricing via internet as per SR pricing policies
- Maintain clean and well organized retail shop and storage areas
- Provide volunteers with task direction and support
- Cash handling experience
- Willingness to learn is essential
- Exceptional customer service delivery
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of construction and building materials is ideal
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills; good common sense
- Strong, healthy back with the ability to safely lift and move heavy materials
- A passion for the concepts of community, reducing, reusing and upcycling
- Proficiency in internet use, basic knowledge of MS Office & Google Docs
To apply: Drop off cover letter, resume and references in person to Squamish ReBuild between the hours of 10am-4pm any day of the week.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Thank you for your interest!