Reducing waste. Raising awareness. Building community.
SERVICE SPECIALIST – PART TIME 2days/wk (Sunday/Monday)
This is an entry level position in which the primary task is to provide friendly, exceptional service to Squamish ReBuild (SR) customers and suppliers (those donating material). You mostly work on your own and during your shift are responsible for making decisions regarding all aspects of accepting, pricing and organizing donated building supplies in accordance with SR policies. In conjunction with the Executive Director and other SR Team Members, you help to create a fun, welcoming atmosphere and ensure that products are fairly priced, of good quality and well displayed. You are a proud ambassador for SR and support our vision to “fundamentally change the way people think about waste”.
Job Details: 2days/wk (Sunday/Monday); $13.85/hr training rate; $15/hr regular rate
Training/Start Dates: ASAP
- Provide excellent, personable customer service and ring through sales
- Make quick, sound decisions regarding acceptance of incoming donations
- Unload, weigh, clean and organize the product to maximize customer appeal
- Research and determine product pricing via internet as per SR pricing policies
- Maintain clean and well organized retail shop and storage areas
- Provide volunteers with task direction and support
- Cash handling experience
- Willingness to learn is essential
- Exceptional customer service delivery
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of construction and building materials is ideal
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills; good common sense
- Strong, healthy back with the ability to safely lift and move heavy materials
- A passion for the concepts of community, reducing, reusing and upcycling
- Proficiency in internet use, basic knowledge of MS Office & Google Docs
Drop off cover letter, resume and references in person to Squamish ReBuild between the hours of 9am-5pm any day of the week. Or e-mail Ashley at [email protected]
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Thank you for your interest!