Reducing waste. Raising awareness. Building community.
We are currently looking to fill the following position :
- Service Specialist - PART TIME (2 days/wk)
SERVICE SPECIALIST – PART TIME (2 days/wk)
This is an entry level position in which the primary task is to provide friendly, exceptional service to Squamish ReBuild (SR) customers and suppliers (those donating material). You mostly work on your own and during your shift are responsible for making decisions regarding all aspects of accepting, pricing and organizing donated building supplies in accordance with SR policies. In conjunction with Management and other SR Team Members, you help to create a fun, welcoming atmosphere and ensure that products are fairly priced, of good quality and well displayed. You are a proud ambassador for SR and support our vision to “fundamentally change the way people think about waste”.
Job Details: 2 days/wk (Saturdays & Sundays, 10am - 4pm); $14.60/hr training rate; $15/hr regular rate
Start Date: Immediately
- Provide excellent, personable customer service and ring through sales
- Make quick, sound decisions regarding acceptance of incoming donations
- Unload, weigh, clean and organize the product to maximize customer appeal
- Research and determine product pricing via internet, as per SR pricing policies
- Maintain clean and well organized retail shop and storage areas
- Provide volunteers with task direction and support
- Exceptional customer service delivery
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills; good common sense
- Cash handling experience
- Strong, healthy back with the ability to safely lift and move heavy materials
- A passion for community, reducing, reusing and upcycling
- Proficiency in internet use, basic knowledge of MS Office & Google Docs
- Basic knowledge of construction and building materials is ideal
- Willingness to learn is essential
Send your resume to [email protected] and tell us with a little bit about yourself OR bring your resume in person any day between 10am - 4pm.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Thank you for your interest!